Friday 29 January 2016


Following on from last week's Vinyl Motion story, I was in Brick Lane, just before Christmas, and wandered into The Tea Rooms, beneath the Truman Tower. In the distance I could here a piece of music I recognised, so walked off in search of the source. 'B-SIDE' Brick Lane's oldest Vinyl seller had just began playing Santana's 'Abraxus' album, side two track one 'Se A Cabo"….. on vinyl, exactly as I'd have heard it back in 1970. Immediately I was back there amongst the smell of incense burning and head nodding, as the unique sound of Latin, blues and rock fusion that was Santana blared from the speakers.


This video is just a still of the LP cover - a 1961 painting by Mati Klarwein. The whole of the album, including 'Black Magic Woman', 'Oye Como Va' and 'Samba Pa Ti' is available on YouTube click Abraxus

No comments:

Post a Comment