Friday 19 February 2016

A few weeks back I listed some of my favourite Scottish bands and somehow left out The Proclaimers. Last weekend we saw a film called 'Sunshine on Leigh' a rarity of recent times as it's a British Musical. Set in Edinburgh and based around the songs of The Proclaimers you just knew that at some stage "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" would show up. This clip from the movie, filmed by the galleries at the Mound, Edinburgh involving a cast of 500 who sang and danced to the Proclaimers hit, was simple brilliant and I had to pick it for this week's track. This will brighten your day, I'm sure.  Da da lat da (Da da lat da).
Definitely hit Full Screen [   ]
Warning or two:
1. This is actually the end of the film, but I don't think it's really a spoiler.
2. You may find this song is in your head all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment