Friday 3 June 2016


I often find after posting the Friday  STAR TRACK  that it's playing in my head for the rest of the day. In the case of last weeks offering, I was still humming it this morning. I suspect today's track will have a similar effect.
On 24th May Robert Zimmerman turned 75 years old. Happy Birthday Bob! Some time ago I discovered this video from a concert by The Byrds playing their version of 'Mr Tambourine Man'. The audience reaction to the sudden appearance and clear surprise at seeing Bob Dylan stroll on stage, creates a rush of excitement, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. (Especially good through headphones). It's a classic song and this adds to the memory and the life of Mr Tambourine Man. 

Play a song for me… great track for a jingle jangle Friday !

Also last week marked 50 years since Bob Dylan was booed at his concert in the Royal Albert Hall, London for performing with electric guitars. Click: The times they have a-changed – Crazy when you think what followed.

Later this year he'll perform at a concert called 'Desert Trip', that has a line-up that surely only dreams are made of. 
See poster (right) – tickets sold out in just 3 hours. Click: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7364705/desert-trip-concert-mccartney-rolling-stones-sold-out

No comments:

Post a Comment