Friday 12 August 2016


Tomorrow my brother and me are off to the Fairport's Cropredy Convention. We have seen the band play numerous times over the years, in clubs, pubs, churches and concert halls, but it is over 30 years since we went to the annual festival at Cropredy.
I therefore asked my brother to pick his favourite Fairport's tracks and I'd select one for the Friday Music Spot. In light of this weekend and our following Fairport Convention for so long, there really was only one track I could choose.
Released in 1969 on the 'Unhalfbricking' LP, it's the Sandy Denny composition 'Who Knows Where The Time Goes'. I was going to offer some more information, but no need, I found this storytelling video* and it does it for me. 

*(Best click Full screen [   ] bottom right)
Whilst researching this song I came up with various alternative versions: one featuring the current line-up of Fairport Conventionhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tScjURu2IDI  and another one live in a Dutch church - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mxH18A3mFA

But the original is still my favourite. (And the Music Spot is nothing if not personal). Sandy Denny was born on 6th January 1947 at the Nelson Hospital, Merton Park. The same hospital my brother and me would be born in.

No comments:

Post a Comment