Friday 16 December 2016


My original 45
As a song title this couldn't be more right for the  FRIDAY MUSIC SPOT . On 17th November 1966 Australian band The Easybeats released "Friday On My Mind' - as you can see, I bought it. The single reached it's highest position on the UK chart just before Christmas on 17th December. 
It was written by lead guitar player Harry Vanda and rhythm guitarist George Young (elder brother of Malcolm and Angus who'd form AC/DC seven years later).

'Friday On My Mind' was a huge international hit and has been covered countless times since, most notably by David Bowie in 1973 on his 'Pin Ups' LP.


When I first saw this video I realised that for 50 years I'd been singing the wrong lyrics to the first line of the chorus. My 'Gonna happen in the city' was actually 'Gonna have fun in the city'!  Sing along now…

No comments:

Post a Comment