Friday 21 April 2017


This one goes like this….
Last Sunday a Warren Zevon song came on the radio called "Desperados Under The Eaves". I'd not heard it in years. The next day I searched for it on YouTube and found there were different versions available of this track from his 1976 LP. One being a spot on the Late Show with David Letterman where Letterman introduces a cover of this song by Dawes. I thought I recognised that band name - and I did. A 2013 magazine had named their "Stories Don't End" album as one of their picks of the year. This led me to re-investigate them and this week's  STAR TRACK  is "Most People" by Dawes, from that very same album. Definite 70's feel to their music - Nice !

This story does end, but not before I've added extra links below, for you to listen some more:


> Here's that Late Show spot - with intro and outro by Letterman himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A6MtHz-g4k
I like the comment someone has posted that says: "Warren, slamming cocktails in some other realm, caught a whiff of this version, pricked up an ear, nodded, and kept drinking."

> Lots of great tracks on YouTube from Dawes - try this one for starters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I74C2hClAsA&index=3&list=PLN4xr-XyeSVXkEmW6N4uiI9xIIBydOm4D
Nice sentiment that may 'All You Favourite Bands' stay together ….

No comments:

Post a Comment