Friday 5 May 2017


Part Two - The Return of …!
As intended the second part of my discovery after I'd posted the 'Top 75 Chart'. (See entries below).
My son on seeing this 51-75 chart declared he only recognised one of the tracks. To be fair in the previous Top 50 he'd have been familiar with a good handful. But this did indicate that it had been quite awhile since I'd picked anything from his era for the Friday Music Spot.
Without further ado > The Return of Kerrang!  Every week the magazine would arrive and be devoured by Scott while the TV channel would frequently feature this excellent video from the band Creed. Plus the opening guitar passage was part of Scott's guitar practise routine and he'd play it all the time and idolised Creed's guitarist Mark Tremonti. Those are some of my memories of Kerrang! Here's 'One Last Breath':


Also check out their Grammy winning Best Rock Song 2001 'Arms Wide Open' > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99j0zLuNhi8

No comments:

Post a Comment